December 1-3, 2017
Join us for a three-day educational event where anthropological research and cultural heritage raise public awareness and understanding to promote respect for our past and an appreciation of diversity.
CALL FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS
We invite students and researchers to submit abstracts for posters to be presented at the symposium’s Welcome Reception on Friday, December 1 from 4-7 p.m. Posters are sought on original research in the Colorado Desert region focusing on archaeology, anthropology, history, cultural issues related to renewable energy projects, and preservation of cultural resources. Plan now to have your poster included!
Deadline: The deadline for electronic submission is November 1 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. All authors will be notified via email on or before November 15.
SUBJECTS & SPEAKERS
- The Archaeology of the 130,000-year-old Cerutti Mastodon Site – Steven R. & Kathleen Holen
- Hydrogeologic Effects of Kumeyaay Rock Drop Structures – Michael Connolly Miskwish (Kumeyaay ancestry)
- The Ethnobotany Project: Contemporary Uses of Native Plants – Deborah Small & Rose Ramirez (Chumash ancestry)
- Science Explorers Club on Indian Reservations in San Diego County – Eleanora (Norrie) Robbins, PhD
- Colorado Desert Rock Art – Steven M. Freers
- Keynote Address: Cultural Resources in State Parks – Russell Cahill
Welcome Reception & Poster Session
Friday, December 1, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 2, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Morning Field Tours
Sunday, December 3, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (times will vary)
Admission includes entry to the welcome reception on Friday and all speaker sessions on Saturday. No meals will be provided.
Public Admission - $45
Student Admission - $25
Sunday Field Tour - details coming soon
If you would like to register at the Student Rate, please email a photo of your student ID to Briana@TheABF.org to receive the student registration link.
Many thanks to our Symposium sponsors!
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Learn more.