Anza-Borrego Foundation (ABF) is the official nonprofit partner of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. We acquire land for conservation in and around the Park, educate the public about the Park’s resources and support research relevant to our region.
Our small, dedicated staff — together with the board and volunteers — works hard to protect this desert we love. We also want others to treasure what Anza-Borrego Desert State Park has to offer, so we host education programs year-round for both youth and adults. Whether it’s a guided hike, an archaeology lecture or a camp for socioeconomically disadvantaged students, we believe conservation of the Park is reached by cultivating an understanding for and appreciation of this land and its valuable resources.
To generate funds to support Park programs and projects, ABF sells an extensive selection of guidebooks, clothing and other products in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park’s Visitor Center and State Park Store.
We also rely heavily on donations to keep our programs thriving. For example, with your support we are able to do the following:
- Acquire about 1,000 new acres a year for the Park
- Teach 8,500 California students annually through our PORTS program
- Serve 1,500 adults yearly with our guided hikes, science lectures and other offerings
- Fund over $200,000 in grants over the past 10 years to support research in the Park
- Keep the official Visitor Center open year-round so that millions of people can have a richer experience of Anza-Borrego
- And much more!
Our offices are located in Borrego Springs, California, at the heart of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. We'd love to meet you! Please stop by our office during your next visit. Get directions or see a map of our location.
To find out more online about our work and mission, visit the What We Do section.
Anza-Borrego Foundation is the only nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. If you love the Park, join Anza-Borrego Foundation or make a donation today!