Photo: Sam Webb
The Colorado Desert District Archaeology Department is pleased to announce a site stewardship training class for the weekend of December 12-13, 2015. This training will be conducted by the California Archaeological Site Stewardship Program (CASSP) and will take place at the Begole Archaeological Research Center (BARC) in Borrego Springs. This is a great opportunity for those that would like to participate in a very rewarding volunteer activity which will help preserve our fragile cultural resources.
Saturday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. - Indoor class (lunch provided)
Sunday, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. - Field class (bring sack lunch)
The fee for this training is $25.00 and will be collected on the first day of the training. Class size is limited to 25, so please register early by calling CASSP trainer Beth Padon at 562-233-8535 or Chris Padon at 562-595-3995. You can also email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Former CASSP-trained site stewards may participate at no cost.)
Here is what you get for $25:
1. Hands-on practical experience in field archaeology
2. Site Stewardship Cap, forms and other equipment as it becomes available
3. A meaningful volunteer experience
4. Copy of the annual CASSP report
5. Access to CASSP archaeologists
6. Group and individual training through workshops and site visits
7. One year membership in the Society for California Archaeology for volunteers who are not already SCA members
8. Advanced training opportunities
9. A FREE LUNCH!