2019 ANZA-BORREGO DESERT PHOTO CONTEST
Anza-Borrego Foundation is proud to partner with Borrego Art Institute and Anza-Borrego Desert State Park to present the 2019 Anza- Borrego Desert Photo Contest. The contest is meant to encourage desert lovers and photography enthusiasts to capture their favorite views, moments and adventures in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Since the theme of the contest is the unique and natural beauty of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, all photographs must be taken within the Park boundaries. Ribbons will be awarded to First, Second, and Third place winners, as well as Best of Show. All place winners also receive a gift membership to Anza-Borrego Foundation, good for one year.
DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE ON DECEMBER 1, 2018, AT 12PM PACIFIC
- Upload your photograph by the December 1, 2018 deadline
- Judges will do an initial review of all submitted photographs, choosing approximately 200 to move on to the next step
- Those that made it through the initial review will be asked to submit their printed photograph along with a $5 judge/processing fee per photo
- Vote in the online People’s Choice contest! This contest will not affect judging of printed photographs.
- Judges will do a final review of the printed photos to determine the place winners and honorable mentions in each category
- Join us for the Opening Reception on February 2, 2019, from 6-8 pm at Borrego Art Institute. There will be a judge critique (at the UCI Steele/Burnand Anza-Borrego Desert Research Center) at 4pm.
- Place winners and honorable mentions will be on display at Borrego Art Institute from February 2 – 24, 2019
- Choose your Category below by following the orange buttons. Please read through the submission guidelinesto make sure your photograph will not be disqualified.
- Follow the directions to upload your photo (8MB or less, JPG files only)
- You may submit up to 10 photographs in the entire contest that adhere to the guidelines. To submit a photo in a different category, you must return to this page and follow the appropriate button.
- Choose a category below to peruse, and give a like to all of your favorites.
- The photo with the most likes on January 26, 2018, in each of our six categories, will be notified of their nomination as People’s Choice.
- The winning People’s Choice in each category will be featured on ABF’s social media (with photo credit, of course!) and email communications.
Thank You To Our Contest Sponsors