Photo by Don Endicott
Camping and Day Use at Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
You can reserve a campsite online
, or call Reserve California at 800-444-7275.
Camping fees will be charged at Borrego Palm Canyon, Tamarisk Grove, Bow Willow and Vern Whitaker Horse Camp.
Primitive and Backcountry Camping
Anza-Borrego remains one of the few places in the country where open camping is permitted. With your help, we hope to keep it that way for many years to come! All primitive and backcountry camping is free of charge.
Please respect these ABDSP camping regulations:
- Camp at least 100 feet away from natural water sources.
- Ground fires are not permitted. Use a metal container to hold your fire.
- Park on the side of the road, so others may pass, but please do not trample vegetation or drive over geological formations.
- Pack it in, pack it out. Take trash away with you and dispose of it appropriately.
- Pets must be secured with a leash no longer than 6’ and are not permitted on hiking trails.
A day-use fee is collected at the Visitor Center (Friday-Sunday), Borrego Palm Canyon, Tamarisk Grove, Bow Willow and Vern Whitaker Horse Camp. The fee ranges from $5 to $10 per vehicle depending on the time of year and location.
Questions? Call 760-767-5311, or visit the Park's website